In the News: Swiss Government Article
Last Updated on Monday, 05 March 2012 11:46
Written by Ontario Homeopath
Monday, 05 March 2012 11:27
Dear OHA members and other Homeopathic Medicine enthusiasts,
Here is the link to a very interesting article commenting a report done by the Swiss government on homeopathic treatment:
Below are some highlights from this article:
- “Most comprehensive evaluation of homeopathic medicine ever written by a government”
- It claims that homeopathic treatment is both effective and cost-effective and that homeopathic treatment should be reimbursed by Switzerland's national health insurance program.
- High demand and widespread use of alternatives to conventional medicine in Switzerland from consumers and physicians
- Swiss government’s “Health Technology Assessment” reviewed randomized double-blind and placebo controlled clinical trials testing homeopathic medicines.
- The report found a strong body of evidence to support the homeopathic treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infections and Respiratory Allergies.
- All of the results from homeopathic treatment came without the side effects common to conventional drug treatment.
- The Canadian physician David Sackett, M.D has concerns about the researchers and physicians who consider randomized and double-blind trials as they only means to determine whether a treatment is effective or not.
Page 4 of 9